Friday, January 13, 2023

Coffee Shop Poem/ Purpose statement/ Remember

Fresh brewed coffee; I close my eyes and take the aroma in slowly filling my lungs. Smooth indie music plays and I’m looking around the café, reading the faces of readers who read their books. Students who type on laptops and coffee beans grounded in a blender reminding everyone that the sale carry on, even now. At five o’clock in the evening downtown. Eighty-one degrees outside fresh after a week of autumn. The entire room, talks low, speaks easy, and doesn’t draw too much attention. How does having purpose affect the quality of your life? What happens when you do not have purpose in your life? The quality of life is unmesureable. The connections people make with each other are needed to increase our over all understanding of being alive. To have purpose, one often looks to their pretscers who accomplish all their goals and in that inspiration, purpose is born. A boy born into a family of farmers would more likely find his purpose in securing his survival by relying skills he gathered while being raised in that environment? Everything we do is working toward a purpose. Whether it’s finical stability, spiritual awareness, physical perfection, social acceptance. What do you rememeber? I sat outside aside by a lake down hill from and closed my eyes. First, I heard cars behind me in the distance driving. The tires trampling over a speed bump had distracted me at first from focusing all my attention to water flowing down stream pushing under the bridge with the speed bump. Planes passing overhead were loud at first but then faded in the distance. Woodpeckers were tapping across the lake almost the entire time I sat there. There had to be at least four or five. The only thing that overpowered the sound of rabid tapping was a more airplane blasting my hearing at first but then calmly fading away. I could almost tell the difference between each aircraft by the time it would take to fade. There was a splash in the water suddenly, which caught my attention. It sounded like someone might have thrown something but I didn’t hear any voices near me. I listened harder but still heard nothing that sound like footsteps in the grass. After doing this for about a minute, I listened to the wind blow pass. The sound was really coming from the trees above ruffling against each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment