Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The 16 Hour Ride.




On the bus, there were families I got to know.  Not the names because I
felt that seeing them on the way back home was not likely to happen.
 A woman traveling with her grandchildren, a young man and
a small girl who sat directly next to here at all times.
She was caring  and sweet, often laughing at
remarks I made of the drivers sudden stops and reckless driving
through the tri state area.
Her grandson who sat across from her,
handled her cell phone and visits to the
gas station during
10 minutes stops.


I slept as best I could on the two seats
I had for the duration of the trip.
Passing through Washington, North Carolina,
Delaware I saw places that caused pollution to
the earth true enough.
The industrial age of car manufacturers
is fearless in the face of global warming.
The moment is never fun to watch but I kept my eyes
on the smoke filling the sky like erupt
volcanoes in Hawaii. It was interesting.
A place where we as people let cars fill lots in the Fords
main recall of the year.


The woman who sat with her grandchildren
called ahead to a leaseholder who’s recent tenet died
and left this world in apparent debt.
The tenet was the woman’s son.
She was traveling to settle his account and move out his belongings.
Though how she planned on getting
said belongings back to Georgia was a complete mystery to me.


This is how I hope things wouldn’t turn out if I moved up to NYC.
 My mother traveling to collect my belongs.

We stopped several times, at gas stations at least every hour and a half.
It was interesting to notice that we hardly lost anytime doing
this but it didn’t seem to matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment