Sunday, October 7, 2018

Beginning a fresh story.

In the Master's Program, I'm given an opportunity to create something new. I plan on taking full advantage of it. My newest project "Codename: Vamps" is one on revenge and cruelty. From a creative standpoint, the term cruelty particularly appeals to a broader scope and argument I have had with a former roommate. "What would you consider the worst case of cruelty when it came to slavery?" Obviously, that's a leap but I'll do my best.

Slavery has existed since the bronze age and even as far back as stories included in the holy book referring to it as slavery.6800 B.C. and since then, it is still used today. His argument, Black Slaves in the early days of America was worst. Mine, No way.

I am black and I understand that pain and unspeakable level of hell brought down upon my ancestors but there are other things throughout history that have not only exceed it but downright outlast it on a grander scale. Never the less there I was. Dealing with this debate turned scabble, turned debate, turned to agree to disagree.

My story, however, goes for the former point made about the slaves since because I was taught that throughout my early education and it being my history, I thought, this will get them mad.

A vampire story that takes place on American in the south pre Civil War.  A Huckleberry Finn meets Dracula if you will. I dare to. If you want to see the characters check out my pintrest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment