Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Connection to character


October 9th 2018 DRIP

As I said before, working on this new story has brought up some interesting questions about my character, What premise I'm using, and recently what supporting character can come out of the two.  Love Interest, Mentor, Reflection, and the other supporting characters have made question my story seems weird to me.

The more I write this story out about my main character, I feel like I'm diving more and more into myself and I'm going to honest, I'm not liking what I'm discovering. The love interest in my life isn't anyone who falls into the definition.  The definition is the person who inspires your character to finish his outer journey.  No this isn't a blog about being lonely, Its one about asking myself questions on my journey. Does it mean that I am lacking human connection? Does it mean that I don't want human connection or consider it overrated? As I look at my extended family and their family's on social media, I can only look at them in their apparent happiness yet I do not envy them.

Do we actually need supporting people in our lives to reach goals we set for ourselves, or are we simply finding reasons to connect such as dreams and adventure-ish journeys to bring them along on or use as a reason to go on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment