Friday, January 13, 2023

Betrayal

August 28 2014 My last post, I talked about the situation that took place in a circle of friends I'd been a part of within about six years. We played the Yugioh trading card game and enjoyed the times together. I try to remain general with my description of my friends and their names. That way, In case of my death, it won't look like I'm leaving behind a hit list after my passing. I've learned a lot of things in being an adult. I want to help people and I've grown accustom to what all comes with that. This world is cold, and even the bravest and smartest needs someone who can relate to them. I never felt that Jakiya Boykin related to me. Partly because she was a sixteen-year-old girl from another state who stayed with her grandma twelve houses down from my family and me. I just felt she was someone would could teach me about hanging in the streets of Atlanta. Something my older sister Angel longed to be apart of for so long. I am sure she just loved the same thing Jakiya loved. The moment right before you walk up to your friends, far away from your parents, free from talks of responsibility. A world were teens were sneaking on Marta for the first time, smoking a cigarette in front of people at the bus stop, and praying to God that your parents or anyone who knew you were suppose to be in school see you on the corner of Peachtree Street. Sometimes I think young people choose to be homeless just to keep this freedom alive. Maybe that why she did it in the end. Betrayed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment