Friday, January 13, 2023

As a part of my new year, Digital spring cleaning. Old writings found in cleaning up my files

Every time I try to sit down to write, I have doubts, doubt coming from inside me. I feel lost now that I left my comfy job at the airport cleaning planes. This is what I traded my independency for. Maybe I SHOULD start from a better point before this. It starts as often stories of mine do, with a boy, (No one I had thank you) Though not from lack of trying when I first met him mind you. I came in contact with him years ago.... on a bus. It's crazy where you met life long friends isn't it? The world of today gives people chances to connect and reconnect with each other virtually and it begs the question......What if life was meant to grow past a person. Even if that person is so important to you that they blindly treat you like family. And for most of us, It's a path of our choosing has it own plans, What is the best story you have ever seen presented in game form? One of the best stories I've seen presented in game form is the Kingdom Hearts Series, which is played on many game console platforms. The plot of the story interacts with different levels for the main character to explore and over come from settings established in popular Disney films. The Japanese role-playing game (JRPG) dive in to themes of good verses evil in and the inner conflict of a person's heart between light and darkness. I think the game worked for so many because it allowed gamers to be emerged in the world of fantasy while overcoming several challenges. This game was presented by several mediums. No sign of life By Antonio Douglas It wasn’t the spring breeze brushing pass the freshly light blue painted window sill or the sun peaking over the velvet curtains hanging in Jason’s room that shook him out of bed nor WRFM radio station playing from the smaller bedroom down the hall which barely crept beneath his door as the static came in and out. Missing footsteps out his room shuffling through the hallways felt strange to him as calmness. “Dad?” The pale bright walls through out the third story Florida Apartment gave nothing back as his voice carried pass Dick van Dyke reruns on TV Land station, Pass the cars trafficking mahongohony painted fence guarding 1328 Foster Avenue from the outside world and the front door left open. It was a quiet neighborhood after all and when Jason looked over at his alarm clock, it was only three in the afternoon. Twightlight zone had just airing and Rick wasn’t repeating his habit of haunting the apartment in confusion until he heard his son’s call. “ Dad, come on, say something.” A heart thumbing against his rib cage grew faster every passing moment. Damn dad, where the hell are- Nikes shoes mark and gave a screech the floors as he froze at the sight of the front door. “No! No! No! Dad! Where did you-”? His eyes fell away from the door into the hall. Rick had ventured out before but never without knocking on Jason’s door to say he was driving down to see his parents in Georgia who’d been dead for forty years. The living room had no signed that life had been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment